Upcoming News and Announcements
- The Holy Hour and Mass planned for the Historic Church on December 31st, has been moved to the new church. The Holy Hour will begin at 11pm followed by Mass at midnight. The potluck reception is canceled.
- January 1st is the Feast of the Solemnity of Mary. It is not a holy day of obligation this year. First Saturday Devotions will be offered after 9:15 am Mass.
- On Saturday, January 1st we will celebrate the blessing of holy water in a special liturgy at 6:30pm. Please bring your marked containers of water for the priest to bless.
- The Parish Center Offices are closed through January 2nd.
- Join Fr. Peffley and the Legion of Mary at the Patricians Meeting on Monday, January 3rd, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm in Farrell Hall for the discussion on the origin of Lenten practices and how they can help us on our Lenten journey.
- Join us for First Friday Adoration all day and throughout the night on Friday, January 7th. There will be a Taize Holy Hour from 7:30-8:30pm.
- The women’s retreat on January 8th led by Sr. Joseph Andrew of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist is canceled.
- The Knights have canceled the Spaghetti Dinner and Pancake Breakfast for next weekend.
- St Mary of Sorrows’ That Man is You program will begin the Spring semester of Becoming a Man After God’s Own Heart on Saturday morning, January 15, 2022 in the Parish Center starting at 7am. Registration is available at WWW.TMIY.ORG, using the registration link at the bottom of the web site. For questions, please contact Deacon Nick at deaconnick@stmaryofsorrows or Joe Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come and join us.
- We welcome our homeless guests to St. Mary’s for Hypothermia week, Jan 16 – 23, 2022. We ask your prayers both now and throughout the winter for them. As in years past, our guests will be staying overnight at St. Mary’s. In addition to the usual 5 pm – 7 am days, we will be open all day on Monday Jan. 17th, MLK Day. Sign up links are:
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and everyday! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission and vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
Thank you for your generous financial support during this difficult time! Please mail in or drop off your offertory checks to the Parish Center. You may also sign up with our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. Thank you!