Upcoming News and Announcements
- Monday night Lenten talks continue on Monday evening at 7pm in the new church. The talk this week will be by Deacon Jeff Meyers on Seven Sorrows of Mary. These talks will be live streamed and in person. More details here: Lenten Talk Series Information.
- Join us for the Stations of the Cross every Friday night at 7:00pm. Confession will be offered after Stations. If you cannot join us in person, we will be live streaming Stations.
- Adoration has been expanded to Monday through Friday 10am-8pm. Sign up in the narthex.
- This Friday is First Friday with a Taize Holy Hour at 7:30pm and all-night Adoration until 8am Saturday.
- Next weekend our new music director, Sean, is visiting us from Ireland. He will be playing the organ at the Holy Hour and the Recessional Hymn at the end of every Mass. Stop by and say hi after Mass. Sean will return to start work in May.
- Added Confession times will be offered 20 minutes before every Mass and Friday after Stations.
- AOH is having a 50/50 raffle. Tickets and drop box are in the narthex.
- Please return BLA envelopes and 5 car raffle envelopes (both paid and unused or duplicate tickets) to the appropriate basket in the narthex or to the office at the Parish Center. Thank you for your participation!
- 2021 Scholarships are available & learn about the upcoming food collection in What’s Happening!
- House of Mercy – Virtual Lenten Cross
This weekend we are asking all Catholics in the diocese to prayerfully discern our Bishop’s request to assist him financially in the annual BLA drive. We will walk through the process of filling out envelops at all the Masses next weekend. Today I’m asking you to consider how you can help. I have included a QR code you can use if you want to start early or you can do what I did and text BLA to 703-260-9800. By texting you will be given a link that will take you right to a pledge page to make your contribution, it was very easy to do. Thank you in advance for help in this and God bless you.
Usher/Rosary Sign Up using this link!
Mass times have changed to Saturday 5pm Vigil, Sunday 7:30am, 9:30, 11:30am, and 5pm. All Masses are in the new church.
Bishop Burbidge offers his thoughts and support on joining the Knights. To view the video, click here.
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and everyday! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission and vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
Thank you for your generous financial support during this difficult time! Please mail in or drop off your offertory checks to the Parish Center. You may also sign up with our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. Thank you!