Read the new “Why I Go To Mass” book written by our Parishioners!
On the Memorial of Our Lady of Fatima, May 13th, the Bishop has asked to please pray the rosary and fasting for our country and those in government that they seek to protect the dignity and rights of the human person, from conception to natural death. Fr. Barkett will lead a living rosary at 7pm at the Historic Church Grotto. Click here for more information.
Upcoming News and Announcements
- This weekend the Knights will be collecting for KOVAR. All the funds donated will assist individuals with intellectual difficulties. Please give generously.
- Join us this Sunday for a Pancake Breakfast after 7:30 and 9:30am Masses in Farrell Hall, hosted by the Knights.
- The food pantry needs egg cartons. Please drop off your clean egg cartons in the foyer of the Parish Center.
- Please be aware that while at Mass or Adoration, if you see something, say something. It can be anything. If something is not working or is out of place, please tell an usher or for an immediate need, we have blue buttons at all the exits in the church and if you push the blue button, an alarm will sound and it will contact the police. It is an emergency button.
- If your group meets at St. Mary of Sorrows you need to request a room. Room requests for the next year are being accepted. Please click here for the calendaring form and please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next Sunday we will have a second collection to benefit the Diocesan Retired Priests.
- Next weekend the Knights will be conducting a membership drive. Our council supports the parish in many meaningful ways, through volunteering, providing fellowship opportunities, and financial support of programs and activities at the parish.
- Next weekend the Religious Education Program will be registering children for next year’s program. The K-6 and 7-8 grade programs will be offering options and registration after all Masses next weekend.
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and everyday! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission and vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
Thank you for your generous financial support during this difficult time! Please mail in or drop off your offertory checks to the Parish Center. You may also sign up with our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. Thank you!