Upcoming News and Announcements
Click on the QR Code to view and download the Worship Aid for the 9:30am Mass this Sun
- Tonight, join the Knights for the last Fish Fry starting at 5:00pm and continuing until 6:30pm. There are serving a family friendly dinner. *Peanut oil is used in preparation of the fish.
- Stations of the Cross follow the Fish Fry, starting at 7:00pm in the church. Confession is offered during the Stations.
- Please join Father Peffley and the Legion of Mary for a discussion on Divine Mercy on Monday, April 3 at 7:30 pm in Farrell Hall.
- The Luminaries of Holy Mary will be meeting in the chapel at 5:00pm to discuss Mary’s message at Fatima.
- Bring your Easter candy to the Parish Center foyer before Sunday at noon and help the Girl Scouts assemble Easter baskets for our Food Pantry clients. See the bulletin for information.
- Join Deacon Nick for “A Walk through the Events of Holy Week” this Tuesday at 7:00pm in St. Joseph’s Hall.
- Mark Forrest is returning to St. Mary’s on Sunday for music, meditation, and Adoration at 7:00pm in the church (time correction).
- Parish Care is a new ministry which supports our elderly. Meet Sandra Lopez on April 2, 2023 in the Conference Room at 6:15-7:15pm to discuss getting involved. Please email her at email@example.com
for a link to attend virtually or if you have questions or input.
- The Church Offices will be closed on Good Friday through Easter Monday.
- The second collection next weekend will help pay down the debt for the church.
- Bikes for the World will hold their bike drive on April 22, 2023. See the bulletin for details.
- Bags can be picked up this weekend outside the church for Food Pantry donations and returned by April 16th.
- Please take a tag from the Lenten Cross in the narthex of the church and support the House of Mercy.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK ON A TOPIC BELOW:
We have new cards in the pews to support your prayers while you are at church. Thank you to the Pastoral Council for developing the card content and the Ancient Order of Hibernians for funding the production of the cards. Please leave the cards in the pews but you can download the content with the QR code on the card.
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and every day! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission/vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
- Have you gone to Mass and remembered that you left your envelope at home? Try our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. It’s very easy! Thank you for your generosity!
- Also, Catholic Charities is the charitable arm of our Bishop’s ministry that enables him, parishes, and parishioners to serve poor and vulnerable neighbors within the Diocese of Arlington. Please consider them when making charitable donations.