Upcoming News and Announcements
- Mass Booklets can be accessed through our website or by clicking here. You can use your cell phone or download them at home and bring your own copies.
- Marian Home is sponsoring a Shredding event on Saturday, April 10th from 10:00am to 1:00pm in the parking lot near the can wagon. You can click here for more information.
- Sean Tunney, our Irish Music Director, and his wife, Emily, will be visiting us for Divine Mercy Sunday. He will play the recessional hymn for all the Masses, with 7:30am Mass sung by his wife Emily. He will be saying a “socially distance” hello after Mass. We hope he will return soon.
- Divine Mercy Holy Hour will be at 1:30pm on Sunday, April 11th with Divine Mercy Chaplet recited at 3:00pm.
- The next Food Pantry collection will be this Sunday. Donations can be dropped off in the Parish Center foyer.
- The Knights of Columbus are looking for new members. The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic fraternal organization open to practical Catholic men at least 18 years old. If you are interested in joining or learning more about the Knights of Columbus please talk with one of the knights outside the church after Mass this weekend.
- Thank you to all of you who gave to the Bishop’s Lenten Appeal.
- We have new baskets for our collection and we need help. Contact Joe Osborne at email@example.com. Thank you!
- They are still working on the weather stripping on all the double doors. We have locked the double doors on the Parish Center side, as they keep blowing open. They still open to leave but there is not a sidewalk on that side so please use another door. It could be muddy out there. We are also working on getting a sidewalk on that side.
- We are thankful for your patience as we work through the lighting and heat/ac in our new church. If something looks wrong to you, please let Kathy Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org know so she can make sure it is brought to the attention of the person who can fix it!!! Thank you.
2021 Scholarships are available & learn about the upcoming food collection in What’s Happening!
Our incoming Music Director, Seán, has had his visit rescheduled due to a potential COVID situation. He should be coming the weekend of April 11 for Divine Mercy Sunday. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
This weekend we are asking all Catholics in the diocese to prayerfully discern our Bishop’s request to assist him financially in the annual BLA drive. We will walk through the process of filling out envelops at all the Masses next weekend. Today I’m asking you to consider how you can help. I have included a QR code you can use if you want to start early or you can do what I did and text BLA to 703-260-9800. By texting you will be given a link that will take you right to a pledge page to make your contribution, it was very easy to do. Thank you in advance for help in this and God bless you.
Usher/Rosary Sign Up using this link!
Mass times have changed to Saturday 5pm Vigil, Sunday 7:30am, 9:30, 11:30am, and 5pm. All Masses are in the new church.
Bishop Burbidge offers his thoughts and support on joining the Knights. To view the video, click here.
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and everyday! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission and vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
Thank you for your generous financial support during this difficult time! Please mail in or drop off your offertory checks to the Parish Center. You may also sign up with our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. Thank you!