A Youth Faith Formation Assistant aids in the scheduling, planning, and execution of activities related to the junior and senior high school youth ministry and seventh and eighth grade religious education.
- Participates and assists in weekly religious education and youth group classes/meetings and signature events.
- Assists in developing marketing materials and propagating information for the Department through all mediums.
- Photocopies and scans materials for meetings and catechists.
- Receives, screens, and directs general incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages. Responds directly to routine calls/voicemails.
- Establishes, organizes, retrieves and maintains computer-based and paper files and records. Maintains, secures, and protects confidential information and reports.
- Supports and coordinates special meetings and events, including all meeting logistics.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Maintains department leave calendar.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY:
- Supervision Received
- From Department/Office Director. Receives direction in matters of significance from immediate supervisor.
- Physical Demands/Working Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weight of 10 – 50 pounds
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read
- Frequently required to sit, hear, talk and use repetitive motion of the hands/wrists
- Works evening and/or weekend work is required
- Work performed in an individual, well-lighted office. The noise level is usually low. The space is wheel chair-accessible
- Knowledge/Skills: Basic level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook; basic level proficiency in use of common office equipment, including copier and scanner; good verbal and written communication skills; good organizational skills; strong attention to detail; ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records; ability to handle sensitive situations appropriately and with discretion and confidentiality; high level of energy and enthusiasm; active listener; team player.
- Education Required: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Years and Types of Experience: 0 to 2 years office experience.
- All employees and volunteers are prohibited from performing, teaching, or advocating any practices or doctrines that are inconsistent with religious tenets of the Catholic faith. For Catholic employees and volunteers, conformance with religious tenets of the Catholic faith is a condition of service.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com